"Why do jeans even have buttons?"
A couple of weeks ago, I spent some time chatting with my dear friend Emily about the pros and cons of buying maternity clothes when, due to the global pandemic and the ability to live in sweatpants every day, I probably didn't need to. (OK, I will still likely need some bigger T-shirts as this bump grows.)
She convinced me that at some points you will want to "feel human" and it is worth doing, even for just a few pieces.
Enter the thredup.com Black Friday sale, where I was able to get already discounted, secondhand items (better for the plant, yes?) at 60-70% off. Enter J.Crew maternity jeans into my life. I was skeptical when I pulled them out of the polka-dotted thredup box and saw the words "toothpick" and "jeans" on the same tag, but once I slipped them on I was never going back.
Not gonna lie, I would wear these every day, even if I wasn't pregnant. (This was actually a comment I made to my neighbor, whose response was the title of this post.) They are super comfortable, don't pinch, and, aside from being a bit too short, DO make me feel more normal and less like a 400 pound sloth which is the feeling that comes after a whole week wearing giant grey sweatpants (at least in my opinion). [They do not have the full elastic panel, like the ones I ordered from the GAP--also secondhand--that I have yet to try...]
So, the moral of this story is: maternity jeans (discounted, and secondhand at least) are VERY worth it.


Comments
Post a Comment