Kickin' It.
It's been awhile since I've written anything...almost a month! Blame it on trying to get ready for the semester to begin and grasping tightly to the end of the break. It still doesn't feel real that I will never have a school break "all to myself" again. (Theoretically I guess I can ship the kiddo off to visit family or go to summer camp or something of the sort, but...)
There also haven't been any major developments, aside from the baby's left ventricle continuing to grow at a fantastic rate, without any signs of scar tissue or stress at this point. Such good news, really...the best we can get in a tough situation.
Other things that have transpired:
- We 'picked' a pediatrician. Technically this doctor is accepting new patients, but he is very popular, so hopefully he will be available when we need him come May or whenever we are back in La Crosse. (My amazing support nurse here said that her grandchildren go to this doctor, that he was great, and also recommended that we scheduled an entire year of appointments at once! Of course, I loved her reaction after we responded to "Which pediatrician?" It's kind of like when you have been unsure about what to make for dinner, and when you announce your plans, your husband says "Delicious!")
- While I seemed able to quickly make a much more life-impacting choice--the pediatrician--I have yet to decide on a high chair. (To be fair, this COULD be life-impacting when you think about how often it will be used...and need to be cleaned!) For every person who says "easy to clean" and "wonderful" there is another who says "difficult to clean" and "don't do it." Also, the price differential is incredible. The most popular one I've heard about is the Ikea Antilop, for $19. We do not have an Ikea, but I do have two friends willing to have parents or siblings purchase it for me if I decide I need it. :)
- E built the crib and the changing table! They both look beautiful, although the changing table appears to have one leg slightly shorter than the others. Once we get the rug down under it, perhaps this problem will be fixed? At least the crib is sturdy, as they will be left alone there eventually...
The title of this post has a twofold meaning: one being yes, I've been just 'kickin' it'--trying to relax, doing another prenatal yoga class, meeting with friends for walks outside where I realize how much baby sucks away my oxygen...
The second connected to kick counts. This little baby is, for the most part, a pretty active little bugger. Sometimes it feels like Baby is doing gymnastics, or swimming, or breakdancing? I did have a break in my surprisingly calm attitude about growing this human a week or so ago, when I kept eating sugar, lying down and counting kicks, and then repeating. I guess Baby was just having a lazy day or something, but it was the first true paranoia I've felt since the beginning of the pregnancy (when you think you might lose it and are afraid to go to the bathroom).
Thankfully, all seems to be well, even if Baby is not exactly 'kickin' it' in a routine I can always count on....


Comments
Post a Comment